J and I are coming up on our 2nd year anniversary (eeii!) and wanted to take a fun trip somewhere new to commemorate it! We ended up deciding on Park City, Utah and we couldn’t have been happier… here we’re some of the highlights:
Monty the Bernese Mountain Dog and Montage Deer Valley mascot
High West Distillery – the most amazing lunch spot in town… and they make their own peach vodka and a bunch of delicious whiskeys (we loved the famous shisito peppers, trout salad and pulled pork sandwich)
The Utah Olympic Park was a blast – it is essentially an adult playground with TONS of fun activities – a ropes course, zip lining, a 30,000 ft slide, and bobsledding (make sure to check out the skiers training in the Olympic pool). I’d recommend getting the Gold Pass ($65) so you can have access to all of the rides/activities.
We grabbed lunch at the Foundry Grill at Sundance, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather and the most AMAZING sugar cookie at 60 ft in the air on a gondola #yolo
The Montage provided a TON of fun activities (accessible through their rec center – Compass Sports). We signed up for archery lessons… and let’s just say, I won’t be asked to channel my inner Merida anytime soon.
We were lucky enough to stay at the Montage Deer Valley, and let me just say – it doesn’t get any better than this spot – the decor, views and service are top notch and I am still trying to figure out a way to move in full time (they do have residences on the top floors… so a girl can dream!).
Some other Montage Deer Valley tips/highlights:
- Take advantage of the beautiful Mercedes GL450 you can borrow for the day! A great way to get around town…
- Don’t miss Burgers and Bourbon onsite – one of our favorite dinner spots on location. The fried pickles, Kobe hot dog, Lux burger and whiskey cocktails are NOT to be missed!
- Apex (the fine dining establishment on site) has an amazing tableside Caesar salad, and a delicious Waygu beef with duck fat fries… also be sure to try their Thymeless cocktail invented by their sommelier!
- The live music at the Vista Terrace is next level. Grab a glass of red and get some prime seating in front of the fireplace.
- If you love smore’s this is your place – 7 types of homemade marshmallows – cinnamon, mocha, peppermint, vanilla, caramel, chocolate (don’t worry they have good ol’ Jet Puff too!) and 2 kinds of chocolate!
- We also were lucky enough to tour the back kitchens. Typically a resort of this size works off of ONE kitchen, but the Montage is proud of their 4 onsite kitchens – one dedicated JUST to creating the amazing truffles put on your pillow each night (coconut was my favorite flavor!)
Thank you the Hamaway’s and Montage Deer Valley for such a memorable weekend… we are so appreciative!