I love the foodie blog – How Sweet It Is… the majority of my recipe pins are from her site and I honestly have never been disappointed with her creations. When I came across her Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls, I knew I HAD to give them a try. While the original is DELICIOUS, I wanted to put my own spin on it… so here is what I did:
Chipotle Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 large handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper chicken and transfer to a Ziplock bag or baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients (oil, adobo sauce, honey, mustards, cilantro and garlic) in a jar and shake until mixed.
- Pour over chicken and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2-12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish (if you haven’t already) and let chicken sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes or so.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes, then flip chicken breasts and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Top with salsa and serve with lime quinoa.
*I love to prep the chicken in the morning and let marinate for the day, for an easy dinner to whip up dinner!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, leaves torn from stem
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, green onion and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add lime juice, olive oil and honey to a jar and shake until combined.
- Pour over salsa and toss before serving.
*I make the salsa ahead of time (and depending on how early just let sit out at room temperature) and toss with the dressing 30 minutes before serving.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- Rinse quinoa and combine with chicken stock in a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make sure most of the liquid has evaporated and then stir in coconut oil, lime juice and lime zest.