Pebble Beach was the perfect backdrop to kick start our amazing weekend… and for a couple quick snaps of one of my favorite summer outfits – the romper. It’s super comfortable, easy to wear, and a great piece to layer with. Whether it’s wearing it solo in the sun, with a sweater in the shade, or a blazer for a fun dinner out, rompers are definitely going to be in heavy rotation for me this summer.
Here are some things I’ve researched lately and wanted to share:
1. How do you store your linens and keep them fresh?
- Wash your sheets and fold them. Insert them into a pillowcase of the matching linen set.
- Store in a bedroom or hallway closet (or somewhere dry).
- For added freshness place a dryer sheet inside as well.
2. Do you need to buy a sifter?
- Save your money and whisk your dry ingredients instead. It should aerate everything sufficiently.
3. How often do you have to replace your cutting board?
- 1st it’s best to keep one cutting board for meat and one for fruit/veggies (some even suggest a separate board for chicken). The meat boards should be plastic and a bamboo board is fine for produce.
- It’s a good idea to replace plastic boards once they have deep grooves in them, because it’s a great place to harbor bacteria.
- I recommend washing your cutting board then sanitizing it in the dishwasher. Also, it’s very important that your cutting board is 100% before you put it away.
4. How do you keep your hands from getting sticky when rolling cookie dough?
- I have a couple tips for this – 1. don’t use your hands and use an ice cream scoop like this (it helps to keep measurements the same also!)
- Wet your hands before working with dough (this is also great for making meatballs or anything that requires you manipulate sticky dough)