My favorite girl Lindsy got me this amazing cookbook Deliciously Ella, that I’ve been cooking from for the last month. It’s full of plant-based gluten-free recipes, and I love how flavorful yet simple most of the dishes are. Last week I was craving something warm but healthy (aka not another salad) and I whipped up her delicious polenta, mushroom and kale bowls… and guess what? It hit the spot!
Creamy Polenta Bowl with Mushrooms and Crispy Kale
recipe via Deliciously Ella
- 18 oz polenta (I ordered this pre-cooked kind, but you can also buy the dried kind, and prepare it)
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari (you can also sub soy sauce)
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Tear kale into bite sized pieces (remove stems) and toss lightly with olive oil and salt. Bake for 20 minutes until crispy.
- Slice mushrooms (unless you bought sliced mushrooms – time saver!) and add tamari and thyme sprigs in a frying pan. Saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Warm polenta or cook according to directions (the warm polenta requires you adding a little water and mixing it over medium heat in a saucepan).
- Stir lemon juice into polenta and scoop into serving bowls. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with kale and mushrooms. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.